Saturday, February 16, 2008

The War Machine is My Home

I share these thoughts from downrange.
Like the Middle Eastern sun burns.
And it is so, that war will take its toll.
My suppressed rebellion and art are distinct from politics.
Each poetic page written is clothed with Anti-romantic overtones.
Like a “boom” catches your attention so will this lyrical realism.
Caught up in the war machine;
Hands flailing, my eyes bulging, gasping
deeply, like looking for clean air in a sandstorm.
Nearly impossible –
I am searching for the creative part of me.
This is me living life while it is mine to live.
Meanwhile someone else lost there’s today.
So why complain.
I am daily escaping the hands of complacency,
And the dangers of monotony haunt me.

But I am alive
in the war machine.
This is my home.

2 comments:

directrice said...

This poem makes my heart ache and yet, I celebrate you, Adrian, and your deeply personal sharing of poetry. So glad to be with you on this journey. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Lynn

Tara said...

Adrian, I cannot begin to express the respect I have for the sacrifices you make to make this world a better place for us all. Your poetry makes me reflect on my own life and how lucky I am.