Sunday, February 10, 2008

POETRY IS

Poetry is the enriched well
where the epicenter of spirit
and soul live and dance
on heavens blue firmament.

Poetry is the home of aesthetics and code;
Hidden like messages in freed slaves hymns.
Poetry is the colorful kaleidoscope of lyrics and realism.

Poetry is my sounding board to
the world around me.

Desert –

War –

Living –

Embracing –

Poetry is the speaker that vibrates
an afferent sound.
Poetry is collectively my truth
and the captured clippings
of minuscule moments.
Two fingers pressed against
my poetic pulse and I see that
I am living, breathing,
heart pumping, thinking,
tasting, and smelling.

Desert –

War –

Living –

Embracing –


What poetry is.

4 comments:

speeddemon0117 said...

You have a nice way of putting your thoughts into words. From another Blogger, I hope you and your men have a safe return to your friends and families from this needless war.

Blog of a discontented conforming non-conformist

Lovey said...

Adrianne I am the sister of one of your college friends - Your words are touching and motivating. Thank you for being positive and giving your best to those around you. You and your story are an inspiration.

DEatman

Anonymous said...

Hey man, you are such a great writer!
I originally saw a link to your blog in a newspaper article. I decided to it out. Now I'm hooked. Your writing is so inspirational. I can't wait to read more!
I wish you a safe return, to you and all of your men. It's tough out there, and I just want you to know, we appreciate what your doing.

Tara said...

Love the connections you made throughout this poem.