Sunday, January 27, 2008

RANDOM POETIC THOUGHTS



Living in the space between my Ears


Consumed in the world of ear buds and John Coltrane “Lush Life”

But life isn’t so lush or so it is just not at the moment.

My world is my music my internal MP3 player.

THE TIME

Wheels stopped turning.

The battery is dead.

The arms wait to sweep

the numbers again.

The time can’t be told

with the wheels not turning,

the battery being dead,

and the arms not sweeping.

What time is it?

Fact, I know that its six hours past

Eastern Standard Time.

But from where I am standing my watch

stopped telling the time.

S.O.S

Like an only child I called names that did not exist.

I called for help beyond myself.

Democracy with a capital “D”

He is a demagogue using his powerful pulpit

to preach a dogma of democracy and false diplomacy.

American people deluged with illusions of freedom.

Our Forefathers vision is daily becoming decadent

and disabled by this philosophy of religious rhetoric.

Those that disagree are daunted and considered unpatriotic.

But I love my country and what it is “supposed” to stand for;

I believe that there is hope.

I don’t believe like some prophesy that there is a

Rome-like doom in our future

but that we are destined for Democracy with a capital “D”.

4 comments:

Tara said...

If you're going to get lost in music, I can think of none better than Coltrane. Loved the poem!

Anonymous said...

Adrian,

Your truly are gifted. The emotion you express is invigorating and intellectually stimulating. Stay strong and stay safe. You obviously have something to say to the world.

D.M.

Anonymous said...

"Random Poetic Thoughts" I like that. This is type of forum I would expect from "A man of Standard” like myself. We can keep this one going back a forth between the two us? Keep comin wit it, you doing your thing and I see you. Here is a "Random Poetic Thought" for you; Is life without love a mere nightmare, Left alone to walk aimlessly in dark spaces seeking a connection to define one worth? Maybe, but I deal with nightmares now the same way I did as a child, I open my eyes, and Wake UP!
Keep living hard, loving harder, and writing the story along the way.
Wit luv from da’ Chi to the dunes,
Respectfully,
Domingo Fox

Anonymous said...

Hey Adrian,

It's Dave, I loved your piece...I hope all is well and I look foward to running across you in germany so time...