Monday, September 8, 2008

Trouble Sleeping

Awake like a crazy man. No sleeping for me. Eyes wide shut, something numbing taking place in me. Sleeping seems to be obviated, for there is no peace in it for me. Trying to sleep is like watching my labrador retriever chase a jack rabbit through the German countryside; nearly impossible. I’m seeking for peace at the moment. Just need to get home I guess. This blog, started as something poetic and quickly turning into something journal like. I appreciate the readers who actually give intelligent feedback. It’s as if you read me and feel me exactly where I am. Maybe you picture me now sitting at my desk in this thing we call a “CHU”, more like a tin connex morhped into sleeping quarters. Maybe you can hear the blackhawks land through out the night, and the random “kabooms”. Punching away at keys typing for no reason, just to be typing, maybe it’s therapy. I’m tempted to go to the gym and beat on the 80lb punching bag to remedy my sleep, monotony, and blender of a day. But that is much like the keyboard I’m typing on; it even lacks the satiated relief that I am looking for. Maybe the tunes I’m listening to aren’t helping either: Herbie Hancock The Joni Letters. That’s it for tonight. I’m going to make another attempt at the sleeping thing.

5 comments:

directrice said...

Prayer and meditation is my way of counting sheep! Sometimes I use the alphabet to guide the meditation - A...pray for Adrian....B...pray for Believing...C...pray for Community and all that it offers. you get the point. As you can see, some letters stand for friends and family. I rarely make it to Z, but now that the campaigning is in full swing, I sometimes need a second round of the alphabet to make it to slumber. Miss you, Adrian, and praying for S (safe) and R (return). Best. Lynn

Eljay said...

Adrian, it's good to see you back after two months of silence that scared the hell out of many of us. Don't lose sleep about losing sleep; sooner or later your body has to say I NEED TO PASS OUT NOW... and if not, we can send you some Ambien. (If that's not allowed, just let me know what to smuggle it in. Maybe some Velveeta?)

Two months, Captain! I'm polishing up the beer pitchers now. Hell, you can even smoke a cigar in my house. You deserve the break from petty social rules. ;)

The AbnWife said...

AD-now I know how much you miss me! Jason got your email, thanks for the help! Can you imagine rocking Europe with me! Count it down, get home and kiss those beautiful ladies you have. Then I'm coming over to play with you guys. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. I'm always here to keep you real. :)

The AbnWife said...

Adrian, music soothes the soul. The days when I sleep does not come easy, I put on my headphones and let music take me away. Count it down and get home to those beautiful ladies of yours. Then I'll be there to rock the nightlife with you! :P You are in our thoughts and prayers always.
Love, Ana

The AbnWife said...

Adrian, music soothes the soul. The days when I sleep does not come easy, I put on my headphones and let music take me away. Count it down and get home to those beautiful ladies of yours. Then I'll be there to rock the nightlife with you! :P You are in our thoughts and prayers always.
Love, Ana